Application Process CLOSED
Valley Hill Fire & Rescue is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT. The salary range for the position will be $40,000-$60,000 (DOQ). Please see the following requirements for eligibility to apply for a position.
Minimum Qualifications & Certifications
- NC Firefighter Level II (Preferred)
- Emergency Medical Technician (Preferred)
- NC Emergency Vehicle Driver Certification (Preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
*If selected applicant does not have the preferred minimum qualifications and certifications the salary range will be adjusted when the position is awarded.
- Applicants must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following physical functions pertaining to the position of a Firefighter/EMT:
- Repetitive Motions
- Lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Must possess knowledge and ability of how to perform the operations of using tools, equipment, and apparatus.
Application Process & Closing Date
- To apply please download the application by clicking on the link below.
- After completing the application please schedule a time to submit it to Battalion Chief Matt Hossley in person (8am-5pm M-F) at Valley Hill Fire & Rescue Headquarters, 1675 Willow Rd. Hendersonville, NC 28739 or mail it to Valley Hill Fire & Rescue, Attn: Battalion Chief Matthew Hossley, 1675 Willow Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28739.
- Along with the application please include a criminal background check, a copy of valid driver’s license, a resume, copies of required certifications, immunization record, and an email address we can use throughout this process to contact you.
- The closing date for applications will be: December 16, 2022 @ 17:00hrs.
- All applicants need to make sure of their availability for agility testing & interviews. Times and places will be communicated via email upon turning in your application.
CLOSING DATE: December 16, 2022 @ 17:00hrs.
Click below to download application.